List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven J (IS) Orton Date:August 4 2010 7:11pm
Subject:How can I detect a field can accept a NULL value
View as plain text
Hello listers,

I am writing an object that merges two resultsets together and creates a table with the
contents of the merged resultset.

I have it written, but I'm having a problem with finding a way to detect if a field in the
resultset can accept a null value.  I want to be able to add the NOT NULL directive to the
create table SQL command for those fields that need it.  I also would like to add the
UNSIGNED directive as well.

Is there a way to detect these attributes?

Also, along those same lines, I would like to know if mysql++ stores the comments and
default values of fields.  If it does, is there a way to get those values?

I've read section 3.6 and 3.7 of the user guide and looked at the reference guide and
searched the list to no avail.

I'm using version 3.0.9 of mysql++ and version 5.1.17 of the MySQL server.

As always I appreciate any help on this...steve---

Thread
How can I detect a field can accept a NULL valueIS)4 Aug
  • Re: How can I detect a field can accept a NULL valueWarren Young5 Aug