List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 16 2010 5:59pm
Subject:Re: Mysql++ added to upstream-tracker (linuxtesting.org)
View as plain text
On 7/16/2010 1:17 AM, Andrey Ponomarenko wrote:

> The Mysql++ library has been recently added to the Upstream Tracker system:

Cool, thanks!  This is a very nice service.  Next time I update the
MySQL++ home page, I'll try to remember to add a link from the section
that discusses version compatibility.

Also thanks for implicitly cluing me into the Linux Foundation's ABI
compliance checker.  I've wanted something like this.  I believe I'm
going to start using it before each release.

> Any bugs/feature requests or suggestions for inclusion of some other
> library to the tracker are very welcome. Thanks.

We already know about the ABI regression from 3.0.9 to 3.1.0.  The plan
is to correct that in 3.1.1, at which point I imagine your site will
show it as another ABI regression.  It would be nice if your tool had a
feature that would let a library maintainer mark a release (3.1.0 in
this case) as known-incompatible but later fixed so that the tool would
skip over it when doing comparisons.  That is, 3.1.1 should be compared
to 3.0.9, not 3.1.0.  The table line for the bad release should be
marked clearly in some way to make it clear to the reader that 3.1.1 is
compatible with 3.0.9, not 3.1.0.

Your tool doesn't show all the available MySQL++ releases.  If you want
to add them, you can download them from here:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/releases/

Also, I found a buglet in your HTML:

     </script>

This annoys those of us who run the NoScript extension for Firefox. :)
Thread
Mysql++ added to upstream-tracker (linuxtesting.org)Andrey Ponomarenko16 Jul
  • Re: Mysql++ added to upstream-tracker (linuxtesting.org)Warren Young16 Jul
    • Re: Mysql++ added to upstream-tracker (linuxtesting.org)Andrey Ponomarenko22 Jul
      • Re: Mysql++ added to upstream-tracker (linuxtesting.org)Warren Young22 Jul