List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 27 2010 4:27am
Subject:Re: Connection copy-constructor segfault?
View as plain text
On 3/26/2010 8:21 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> Don't copy the Connection class.

It's supposed to work, but since I don't need it and don't like it --
it's inherently inefficient -- I'm having trouble summoning motivation
enough to find out why it doesn't.  I'll be happy to review proposed
patches to fix the problem, though.

Alexander, what semantics are you expecting, exactly?  Are you trying to
create a second active connection to the DB server identical to the
first, or are you passing Connections around by value, so that the old
copy just needs to go away?  If the latter, there's probably no good
reason to do that.  If the former, why do you need two simultaneous
connections?
Thread
Connection copy-constructor segfault? Alexander Golec27 Mar
  • Re: Connection copy-constructor segfault?Jonathan Wakely27 Mar
    • Re: Connection copy-constructor segfault?Warren Young27 Mar
      • Re: Connection copy-constructor segfault?Jonathan Wakely27 Mar
        • Re: Connection copy-constructor segfault?Warren Young28 Mar