List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:March 12 2010 6:36pm
Subject:Re: missing namespace in comparable.h (patch attached)
View as plain text
On 12 March 2010 07:51, Michael Radzewitz
<michael.radzewitz@stripped> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> mixing up mysqlpp with boost (and properly some others) can cause compliation errors
> because there is no namespace declaration in comparable.h:
>
> mysql++/datetime.h:48:        error: reference to
> ‘Comparable’ is ambiguous
> mysql++/comparable.h:38:      error: candidates are: template<class
> T> class Comparable
> /boost/concept_check.hpp:249: error:
>   template<class TT> struct boost::Comparable
>
> I attached a patch that adds the namespace mysqlpp to comparable.h.

While I don't think that patch is a bad idea, I'm curious how it can
happen.  Do you have a "using namespace boost" somewhere before the
inclusion of mysql++/datetime.h ?

Otherwise, how can boost::Comparable be in scope inside datetime.h ?
Thread
missing namespace in comparable.h (patch attached)Michael Radzewitz12 Mar
  • Re: missing namespace in comparable.h (patch attached)Jonathan Wakely12 Mar
  • Re: missing namespace in comparable.h (patch attached)Warren Young13 Mar