List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Stein Date:February 25 2010 3:25am
Subject:Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing case
View as plain text
I am not using SSQLS (well at least I do not think I am as I am not
including the header) nor am I doing anything very special in my code
outside of calling Query and storing that in StoreQueryResult.

You can reproduce this in the example multiplequery.cpp if you call a sproc
the field names are lower case of the result set.

I am getting these bad field names from StoreQueryResult access of
field_name (if StoreQueryResult is part of the SSQLS not sure... just
started using this API and it is great so far (btw))

I am good now for my use as I fixed it in my own version and documented that
it might be resolved in a future API update so that upgrading the API should
be checked if the fix is in and if not do the fix i made in our source
control.

Anything I can help with Warren, just let me know. only looking to assist.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On 2/24/2010 6:27 PM, Joe Stein wrote:
>
>> Hey Warren, I tracked this down to line 103 in field_names.h which is
>> called
>> by line 45 within the init function of field_names.cpp
>>

> Hmm, looks like a previous MySQL++ maintainer did try to implement
> case-insensitivity, choosing to smash case instead of do insensitive
> comparisons as was my plan.
>
> I want to be sure I understand the nature of the problem before I change
> anything.
>
> Did you run into this problem due to a failure in SSQLS?  If so, I know and
> understand the problem already.
>
> If not, I need to know whether the problem is due to an interaction with
> some other feature of MySQL++, or if it's something specific to your code.
>  If it's just in your code, I don't need details, I just need to know if I
> should be looking at other parts of MySQL++ other than just SSQLS.
>
> I believe removing the str_to_lwr() call is insufficient.  Its removal
> needs to be counterbalanced by case-insensitive string comparisons in other
> parts of the code.
>
> Though this is technically a bug, I don't think I dare release another
> 3.0.x to fix it.  I can imagine some people's code out there depends on it.
>  Probably best to make it part of 3.1.0.

/*
Joe Stein, 973-944-0094
http://www.medialets.com
*/

Thread
StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein24 Feb
  • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young25 Feb
    • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein25 Feb
      • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young25 Feb
        • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein25 Feb
  • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young18 May