List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 25 2010 3:05am
Subject:Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing case
View as plain text  
On 2/24/2010 6:27 PM, Joe Stein wrote:
> Hey Warren, I tracked this down to line 103 in field_names.h which is called
> by line 45 within the init function of field_names.cpp

Hmm, looks like a previous MySQL++ maintainer did try to implement 
case-insensitivity, choosing to smash case instead of do insensitive 
comparisons as was my plan.

I want to be sure I understand the nature of the problem before I change 
anything.

Did you run into this problem due to a failure in SSQLS?  If so, I know 
and understand the problem already.

If not, I need to know whether the problem is due to an interaction with 
some other feature of MySQL++, or if it's something specific to your 
code.  If it's just in your code, I don't need details, I just need to 
know if I should be looking at other parts of MySQL++ other than just SSQLS.

I believe removing the str_to_lwr() call is insufficient.  Its removal 
needs to be counterbalanced by case-insensitive string comparisons in 
other parts of the code.

Though this is technically a bug, I don't think I dare release another 
3.0.x to fix it.  I can imagine some people's code out there depends on 
it.  Probably best to make it part of 3.1.0.
Thread
StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein24 Feb
  • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young25 Feb
    • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein25 Feb
      • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young25 Feb
        • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein25 Feb
  • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young18 May