List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 24 2010 11:16pm
Subject:Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing case
View as plain text
On 2/24/2010 12:31 PM, Joe Stein wrote:

> I am getting "countrycodes" and the column returned by my sproc (which I
> also see in command line calling the sproc) is "countryCodes"

MySQL++ isn't changing the case on you.  It's just passing along
whatever the underlying MySQL C API gives us.

While it's possible the C API is smashing the case, I doubt it.  If you
look at the DB schema with MySQL Workbench, I think you'll find that
it's all-lowercase.  If so, the person who ran the CREATE statement for
that table used the all-lowercase spelling, and the server is "fixing"
your stored procedure code for you to match.

Column names aren't case-sensitive in SQL.  Maybe this match you're
trying to do on the client side should be case-insensitive, too.

Yes, I'm throwing stones from within a glass house.  SSQLS doesn't do
case-insensitive matching.  (I've added it to the Wishlist.)  If this is
the problem you're running into, you could hack Result::field_num() and
related stuff to make them use case-insensitive matching.  Or, use
sql_create_complete_*() to set your SSQLS up so it will use the case
that makes the server happy while your C++ code uses the style that
makes you happy.
Thread
StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein24 Feb
  • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young25 Feb
    • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein25 Feb
      • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young25 Feb
        • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseJoe Stein25 Feb
  • Re: StoreQueryResult - field_name changing caseWarren Young18 May