List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joachim Krüger Date:February 12 2010 2:53pm
Subject:Program unable to run when copied to another computer
View as plain text
Hi,

I have written a program using the mysql++ api, and when I run it on the
computer on wich it was built everything works. However, if I copy the .exe
file (or the whole project folder for that matter) over to another computer,
the program fails whith the following error:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration
is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I suspect this has something to do with some .dll files, because that seems
to be the issue for most people experiencing this error message (according
to a google search). If that's the case I need to know which dll's to
accompany the .exe-file.

I use VS2008, win XP and win7 (I need the program to work on both
OSes, *or* have
two versions of the program: one which works with XP, another with win7).

Thanks in advance!

--
Joachim

Thread
Program unable to run when copied to another computerJoachim Krüger12 Feb
  • Re: Program unable to run when copied to another computerJoel Fielder12 Feb
  • RE: Program unable to run when copied to another computerJim Wallace12 Feb
    • Re: Program unable to run when copied to another computerWojciech Barski12 Feb
      • Re: Program unable to run when copied to another computerJoachim Krüger12 Feb
        • RE: Program unable to run when copied to another computerJim Wallace12 Feb
        • Re: Program unable to run when copied to another computerMatthieu Garrigues12 Feb