List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Fielder Date:January 28 2010 8:57am
Subject:Re: How to do a large template query?
View as plain text
Adam Nielsen wrote:
>>> It looks like this is because it can only take up to 25 parameters,
>>> but the table I am importing into has 40 fields.  Is there any way
>>> I can work around this limit?
[snip]
> Hmm, okay, that complicates things a bit if I can't rely on a
> machine's package management system to have installed mysql++
> properly.  It says the reasoning behind the decision was so that it
> wasn't too complex for compilers.  Any possibility then of doing what
> Boost does and use #ifdefs to hide the extra definitions, so you can
> just #define something before including the header to get the number
> of parameters you need? That would still keep things small for
> 'simple' compilers.
I reckon the answer will be "show me a proper reason you need more than
25 fields in a table" combined with "wait for SSQLS v2" and "but if you
give us a working patch"... etc.  Otherwise, vertical partition is your
new bestest friend!

Joel
Thread
How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen27 Jan
  • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young27 Jan
    • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen28 Jan
      • Re: How to do a large template query?Joel Fielder28 Jan
        • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young28 Jan
          • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen29 Jan
            • Re: How to do a large template query?Joel Fielder29 Jan
              • Re: How to do a large template query?Joel Fielder29 Jan
              • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen1 Feb
            • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young29 Jan
              • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen1 Feb
                • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young1 Feb
                  • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young7 Feb
          • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young7 Feb