List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Nielsen Date:January 27 2010 6:58am
Subject:How to do a large template query?
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm writing a program to import some data into a MySQL database.  I
guessed that the most efficient way of doing this was to use template
queries (even though it looks like the server reparses the query each
time) but I'm getting errors about the execute() function being undefined.

It looks like this is because it can only take up to 25 parameters, but
the table I am importing into has 40 fields.  Is there any way I can
work around this limit?  I thought that perhaps I could use template
defaults, but the manual warns against using these in this manner.

Perhaps there's some other syntax I can use?  I have previously used the
OTL library for working with Oracle and it worked really well, with a
single function call for each parameter that should be added - 40
parameters just meant 40 function calls.

Is this possible with MySQL++?

Thanks,
Adam.
Thread
How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen27 Jan
  • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young27 Jan
    • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen28 Jan
      • Re: How to do a large template query?Joel Fielder28 Jan
        • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young28 Jan
          • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen29 Jan
            • Re: How to do a large template query?Joel Fielder29 Jan
              • Re: How to do a large template query?Joel Fielder29 Jan
              • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen1 Feb
            • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young29 Jan
              • Re: How to do a large template query?Adam Nielsen1 Feb
                • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young1 Feb
                  • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young7 Feb
          • Re: How to do a large template query?Warren Young7 Feb