List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 9 2010 1:02am
Subject:Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnection
View as plain text
On 1/8/2010 3:20 AM, Joel Fielder wrote:

> but it also provides operator->() so you can treat it as if it were a
> pointer to a Connection.

You might try to get Jonathan Wakely's attention on it, then.  He's the
local authority on smart pointers, and he had a fair bit to do with
ConnectionPool, too.

> Would you like a patch?

If you want to donate the class under the LGPL, it sounds like something
we'd like to have in MySQL++.

> If so, where would be an appropriate place in the library

In general, I prefer to keep each class in its own module, named after
the class, abbreviated only if the full name would be long.  You might
therefore call it 'scopedconn'.  The only exception is when a thing is
very small (double-digit SLOC) and especially when it's closely related
to other classes in the same module.  See the exceptions and
manipulators, for example.
Thread
Query::execute crashes without a connected driverJoel Fielder7 Jan
  • Re: Query::execute crashes without a connected driverWarren Young7 Jan
    • Re: Query::execute crashes without a connected driverJoel Fielder8 Jan
    • mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJoel Fielder8 Jan
      • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionWarren Young9 Jan
        • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJonathan Wakely9 Jan
          • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJoel Fielder11 Jan
            • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJonathan Wakely11 Jan
              • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionWarren Young11 Jan
                • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJonathan Wakely11 Jan
    • Re: Query::execute crashes without a connected driverJoel Fielder13 Jan
      • Re: Query::execute crashes without a connected driverWarren Young13 Jan
Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJoel Fielder11 Jan
  • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionWarren Young11 Jan
    • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJoel Fielder11 Jan
      • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionWarren Young11 Jan
        • Re: mysqlpp::ScopedConnectionJoel Fielder12 Jan