List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 4 2009 11:46am
Subject:Re: Template query change from v2 to v3
View as plain text
Martin Gallwey wrote:

> 1) Revision 1446 changed the detection of a templated query to search
> for the magic size of '2' for parse_elems_.

There's no "magic" here.  The problem is how do you distinguish a lone
string parameter for a template query containing only %0 from a raw
query string?  The core problem is the number of overloads for execute()
and such, and maintaining unambiguity through call chains that may pass
through several of these overloads.

I haven't tried your patch, but I'd be surprised -- since it just
reverts a patch -- if it doesn't break this again.

You're welcome to continue working on this, but you'll have to take care
of the single-string-parameter case to have the patch accepted.
Thread
Template query change from v2 to v3Martin Gallwey3 Dec
  • Re: Template query change from v2 to v3Warren Young4 Dec
    • Re: Template query change from v2 to v3Martin Gallwey4 Dec