List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 23 2009 5:58am
Subject:Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?
View as plain text
On Nov 22, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Thomas Volckhausen wrote:

> Using  mysql++ with the MysSQL  embedded server does not seem to be used to much, and
> I hope it is supported in future mysql++ releases.

The main reason it doesn't do this is that MySQL 5.0 doesn't include the embedded server
version of the library.  It was in 4.1, they took it out in 5.0, then put it back in in
5.1 due to user demand.  As long as we want to support 5.0 out of the box, we can't go
depending on the embedded server.

We can't make it optional, either, at least on Windows where you are.  The VS2008 C++
build system doesn't have the flexibility to detect platform abilities and build
accordingly.  We can do it on autoconf based systems, maybe do it with MinGW Makefiles,
and probably someday do it with the MSBuild-based VS2010.  Patches thoughtfully
considered.
Thread
VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is StartedUp?Adam Nielsen20 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is StartedUp?Warren Young20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen20 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Attila20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen22 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Warren Young23 Nov