List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 20 2009 4:27am
Subject:Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started
Up?
View as plain text
Adam Nielsen wrote:
>> But the examples only connect to mysql if the "C:\Program
>> Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld" windows service is started
>> up. Otherwise I get a connection failure like the following
>> command-line text:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My
>> Downloads\mysqlplusplus\Copy of Copy of mysql++-3.0.9>exrun simple2
>> -u mysqlpp_test -p nunyabinness DB connection failed: Can't connect
>> to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
>
> That makes sense.  You're trying to connect to a database server on your
> local PC, but there is no database server running, hence "can't connect".

Correct.  Thomas, you need to give -s if your DB server is on another
machine.
Thread
VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is StartedUp?Adam Nielsen20 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is StartedUp?Warren Young20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen20 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Attila20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen22 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Warren Young23 Nov