List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Attila Date:November 20 2009 1:05am
Subject:Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started
Up?
View as plain text
"embedded mysql" server?
That sounds new to me.

I thought that the dll was for access the mysql api.... Not that there
is any server running somewhere.

Could it be that in your previous installation had 2 running mysql
instance and they would conflict...hence why you had to shut one down
to get the examples to work?

On 11/19/09, Thomas Volckhausen <TomVolckhausen@stripped> wrote:
> In my previous mysql++ installations I believe that mysql++ was using the
> libmysqld.dll (the embedded server that it had linked to) to access the
> mysql database. So in this case, users could run my mysql++ using
> applications without starting the Mysql Windows Service.
>
> And for these previous installations, running the Windows service version
> (C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld) would block mysql++
> access to the database causing the mysql++ using application to hang until
> the Windows service was halted.
>
> Only in the VS2008/mysql++ 3.0.9 case the applications require the Windows
> Service to be running, which will not be the case on the systems of users
> who have the mysql++ using applications installed on their systems.

Sent from my mobile device

Attila
Software Developer
atteeela@stripped
Thread
VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is StartedUp?Adam Nielsen20 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is StartedUp?Warren Young20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen20 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Attila20 Nov
  • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Thomas Volckhausen22 Nov
    • Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?Warren Young23 Nov