List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Volckhausen Date:November 20 2009 12:38am
Subject:Re: VS2008 Examples Don't Connect Unless Windows Service Is Started Up?
View as plain text
In my previous mysql++ installations I believe that mysql++ was using the libmysqld.dll
(the embedded server that it had linked to) to access the mysql database. So in this
case, users could run my mysql++ using applications without starting the Mysql Windows
Service.

And for these previous installations, running the Windows service version (C:\Program
Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld) would block mysql++ access to the database
causing the mysql++ using application to hang until the Windows service was halted.

Only in the VS2008/mysql++ 3.0.9 case the applications require the Windows Service to be
running, which will not be the case on the systems of users who have the mysql++ using
applications installed on their systems.