List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wahyu Arm Date:November 12 2009 2:42am
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4
View as plain text
I've tested it on a real windows and get the same results, but I will
try to build on a real windows as you suggest. And about Cygwin, I'll
try and find out about it.

Thanks,

Wahyu Arm.

---

Warren Young wrote:
> On Nov 11, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Wahyu Arm wrote:
>> Yes. It does require at least GCC 3.4.5, however. Older versions
>> don’t build MySQL++ correctly. Also, as of this writing, GCC 4 is
>> still considered experimental on MinGW. We’ve had reports of GCC 4.x
>> not handling MySQL++ exceptions properly on MinGW, for instance."
>
> Oopsie.  I searched for "GCC4", no space.
>
>> I am confused by the sentence, whether there is a problem with mysql
>> + + library or MinGW.
>
> The statement was true when it was written, but that was back when GCC
> 4 was still experimental for MinGW.  As I said, that changed about a
> couple of months ago, so it's possible it's still the case that it
> doesn't work, but I would hope they'd figured out the exceptions
> across DLL boundaries issue before pushing it to release status.
>
> I wouldn't take your cross-compile tests as conclusive.  Build on a
> real Windows box, test on a real Windows box.  If MySQL++'s own
> examples fail in that situation, then I'll believe they still have a
> problem.  In that case, you'd want to take the problem up on the MinGW
> mailing list.
>
> It might also be educational to try this on Cygwin.  Those two teams
> share development resources, and are working together on the GCC 4 for
> Windows effort.  I find that the Cygwin side gets things deployed
> faster, however, so maybe it works under Cygwin, and all that's
> wanting is a release push from the MinGW folk of the same basic code.
Thread
MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov
  • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Warren Young11 Nov
    • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov