List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 11 2009 5:58pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4
View as plain text
On Nov 11, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Wahyu Arm wrote:
> Yes. It does require at least GCC 3.4.5, however. Older versions
> don’t build MySQL++ correctly. Also, as of this writing, GCC 4 is
> still considered experimental on MinGW. We’ve had reports of GCC 4.x
> not handling MySQL++ exceptions properly on MinGW, for instance."

Oopsie.  I searched for "GCC4", no space.

> I am confused by the sentence, whether there is a problem with mysql
> + + library or MinGW.

The statement was true when it was written, but that was back when GCC
4 was still experimental for MinGW.  As I said, that changed about a
couple of months ago, so it's possible it's still the case that it
doesn't work, but I would hope they'd figured out the exceptions
across DLL boundaries issue before pushing it to release status.

I wouldn't take your cross-compile tests as conclusive.  Build on a
real Windows box, test on a real Windows box.  If MySQL++'s own
examples fail in that situation, then I'll believe they still have a
problem.  In that case, you'd want to take the problem up on the MinGW
mailing list.

It might also be educational to try this on Cygwin.  Those two teams
share development resources, and are working together on the GCC 4 for
Windows effort.  I find that the Cygwin side gets things deployed
faster, however, so maybe it works under Cygwin, and all that's
wanting is a release push from the MinGW folk of the same basic code.
Thread
MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov
  • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Warren Young11 Nov
    • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov