List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wahyu Arm Date:November 12 2009 1:51am
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4
View as plain text
Thanks for quick reply.

Warren Young wrote:
> Wahyu Arm wrote:
>> Just wanted to know if anyone can successfully run the program with
>> MinGW GCC 4 build and no crashes at runtime.
>
> I haven't tried it, and don't remember seeing any report here from
> someone who did, but I'm optimistic now that it's out of beta.

I've tried MinGW (GCC version 4) on debian, no problem at compile time.
But it crashes when running it. This does not happen if I use MinGW (GCC
version 3.4.5) for windows, everything just run smoothly

(Note: I run MinGW for windows and test it with Wine on debian)

>> On the mysql++ official website say there is a problem with exception
>> handling.
>
> Where?
http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/#mingw :

"Will it build under MinGW?

Yes. It does require at least GCC 3.4.5, however. Older versions don’t
build MySQL++ correctly. Also, as of this writing, GCC 4 is still
considered experimental on MinGW. We’ve had reports of GCC 4.x not
handling MySQL++ exceptions properly on MinGW, for instance."

I am confused by the sentence, whether there is a problem with mysql + +
library or MinGW.

> Perhaps you used the Google box and found an old mailing list post? It
> doesn't say anything about GCC4 in the main places such things appear:
>
> http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/#mingw
> http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/html/userman/incorporating.html#inc-mingw
>

> If you're seeing it anywhere else, it's not "official", it's
> anecdotal, and thus perhaps outdated. GCC4 was in a broken beta state
> for a very long time on MinGW, only finally being pushed out as a
> supported release maybe a couple of months ago.

maybe you right I read an old mailing list, or MinGW (GCC version 4)
needs to be upgraded ?

And once again thanks for reply and information.

Best regards,

Wahyu Arm.
Thread
MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov
  • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Warren Young11 Nov
    • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov