List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wolfgang Pausch Date:November 11 2009 5:36pm
Subject:Testing for NULL in a StoreQueryResult
View as plain text
Hello,

I believe that this is a simple question, but I wasn't able to figure out how
it is done:

Given that I have a mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult result, access fields e.g. by
result[n][0], how do I test wether such a field is null?  Preferably
independent from the question wether a database column actually may be NULL.

I tried to do a
if (result[n][0] == mysqlpp::null) {... }, however then the compiler says I
would have a ambiguous overload for operator ==

What am I doing wrong?  I've read the chapter Handling SQL NULLs in the
manual, but I don't get a clue how to test for null there.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

PS: When using kmail before, your spamfilter didn't accept my mail (tried several times)
--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete von GMX schon für
16,99 Euro mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02