List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 11 2009 4:38pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4
View as plain text
Wahyu Arm wrote:
> Just wanted to know if anyone can successfully run the program with
> MinGW GCC 4 build and no crashes at runtime.

I haven't tried it, and don't remember seeing any report here from
someone who did, but I'm optimistic now that it's out of beta.

> On the mysql++ official website say there is a problem with exception
> handling.

Where?

Perhaps you used the Google box and found an old mailing list post?  It
doesn't say anything about GCC4 in the main places such things appear:

http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/#mingw
http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/html/userman/incorporating.html#inc-mingw

If you're seeing it anywhere else, it's not "official", it's anecdotal,
and thus perhaps outdated.  GCC4 was in a broken beta state for a very
long time on MinGW, only finally being pushed out as a supported release
maybe a couple of months ago.
Thread
MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov
  • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Warren Young11 Nov
    • Re: MySQL++ with MinGW GCC 4Wahyu Arm11 Nov