List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leonti Bielski Date:November 6 2009 9:36pm
Subject:Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linux
View as plain text
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:
> Leonti Bielski wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry - I used Makefile.mingw. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> No problem.  Would you look over this final set of instructions, to see if
> I've interpreted it all correctly?
>
>> Building on Linux
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>    You might need to build Windows executables while not actually
>>    running Windows.  You might think to use MinGW, being a port
>>    of GCC, the standard compiler on almost every non-Windows OS
>>    these days.
>>
>>    The best way to do this is to run MinGW under either Wine or
>>    some sort of virtual machine running an actual copy of Windows.
>>    Leonti Bielski provided these instructions for the Wine method:
>>
>>        1. Install MinGW through Wine:
>>
>>           $ wine MinGW-5.1.6.exe
>>
>>        2. Add the MinGW directory to Wine's PATH with Wine
> regedit:
>>

> http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/environment-variables
>>
>>        3. Install MySQL under Wine, or at least unpack the
> Windows
>>           ZIP file version of MySQL in a place where
> Wine can find it.
>>           You don't need to run a Windows MySQL server
> under Wine.
>>           We're only doing this to get the MySQL C API
> library and
>>           its headers, which MySQL++ builds against.
>  The resulting
>>           MinGW build of MySQL++ can talk to a native
> MySQL server
>>           out in Wine's host environment or on some
> other machine.
>>
>>        4. Modify Makefile.mingw to match the install location
> for
>>           the MySQL C API files.
>>
>>        5. Create libmysqlclient.a as described above, except
> with
>>           minor differences for running under Wine:
>>
>>           $ wine mingw32-dlltool -k -d
> /native/path/libmysqlclient.def...
>>
>>        6. Build MySQL++ with:
>>                   $ wine
> mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw
>>
>>    You might think it would be simpler to just use a MinGW
>>    cross-compiler.  Unfortunately, this doesn't currently work:
>>
>>        $ ./configure --target=mingw32
>>        $ make
>>
>>    The reason is that our autoconf build system assumes a
>>    typical POSIX type target, which MinGW is not.  We made this
>>    assumption because we have a perfectly good MinGW build option,
>>    Makefile.mingw.  But, that also won't work on a POSIX system
>>    because that Makefile assumes external commands run under cmd.exe,
>>    not some Unixy shell.  Thus the advice to build with
> Makefile.mingw
>>    under Windows or something sufficiently close to it.
>>
>>    If you really wanted to, you could extend the autoconf build system
>>    to make it realize when it's being used to cross-compile for MinGW.
>>    Patches thoughtfully considered; see HACKERS.txt.

Yeap, the instructions are correct. That's exactly what I did.
Thank you for including me there :)

Leonti
Thread
Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxLeonti Bielski5 Nov
  • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxJonathan Wakely5 Nov
  • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxWarren Young5 Nov
    • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxLeonti Bielski5 Nov
      • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxLeonti Bielski5 Nov
        • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxJim Graf5 Nov
      • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxWarren Young5 Nov
  • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxWahyu Arm6 Nov
    • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxLeonti Bielski6 Nov
      • Re: Mysql++ mingw32 cross-compiling under linuxWarren Young6 Nov