List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 14 2009 10:57am
Subject:Re: Connection Object throws exception
View as plain text
On Oct 13, 2009, at 10:48 PM, B Singh wrote:

> Is it bad idea to have connection object in heap ?

No, I think most real programs using MySQL++ do it that way.  It's on
the stack in the examples just to keep them simple.

> I see all samples are  using stack variable for connection and only
> heap for
> multistatementoption.

Actually, the cpool example keeps its Connection objects on the heap,
too.  It's not obvious because we use the default creation mechanism
in ConnectionPool::create(), rather than provide our own.

>    delete m_pcommonMultiStOption;

There's your bug.  MySQL++ owns the option objects after you pass them
to Connection::set_option().  If you delete them yourself, you get a
double-delete, which is what's crashing your program.
Thread
Connection Object throws exceptionB Singh14 Oct
  • Re: Connection Object throws exceptionWarren Young14 Oct