List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 29 2009 4:44pm
Subject:Re: Ssqls initialization
View as plain text
Paul Hilton wrote:

> Is there any better method for ssqls which will allow me to create a
> 'zero' initialized instance (matching my database defaults)?

SSQLS v1 isn't type-aware.  It's just C macros, so it has no idea how to
default-initialize POD type structure members.  When you're using C++ or
MySQL++ types, like std::string or mysqlpp::sql_char, you do get good
default-init behavior, but that's not through any virtue of SSQLS.

SSQLS v2 should have the behavior you want, because it'll use a
purpose-built code generator, rather than preprocessor macros.  I am
only working on it occasionally right now, so I have no idea when it'll
be delivered.
Thread
Ssqls initializationPaul Hilton23 Sep
  • Re: Ssqls initializationWarren Young29 Sep