List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ricardo Medina Date:September 14 2009 2:37pm
Subject:Re: Access violation - no RTTI data
View as plain text
> Ricardo Medina wrote:
>>
>> I've just tried that, but without success. I completely trew away
>> mysql++, and redownloaded  it.
>
> I think if you try running the examples from within the MySQL++ build
> tree, that they do work.  So if your program doesn't and the examples
> work, it would be something specific to your program or build settings
> that are causing the problem.
>
> > Then I rebuilded it with clr support.
>
> The instructions for that are fairly detailed.  Have you followed
> every step exactly?  VC++ is very picky about build settings.
>
> Let's try to get things working with plain Standard C++ first, then
> move to C++/CLI once we've got that down solid.

You're right, when I run the examples from MySql++, they do work!

So I tried it in a plain C++ project. (Yes I did follow every step exactly.)

I used the following code:

#include <windows.h>
#include <mysql++.h>

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,  HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
LPSTR lpCmdLine,  int nCmdShow)
{
    mysqlpp::Connection * newConnection;

    newConnection = new mysqlpp::Connection(
                        "recep_test",
                        "bruce",
                        "root",
                        "Wishware123#"
                );

    try{
        newConnection->set_option(new mysqlpp::SslOption());
    }catch(std::exception &ex)
    {
        MessageBoxA(NULL,ex.what(),"sad",MB_OK);
    }
    return 1;
}

But I couldn't find a setting that causes this error..

Thread
Access violation - no RTTI dataRicardo Medina14 Sep
  • Re: Access violation - no RTTI dataWarren Young14 Sep
  • Re: Access violation - no RTTI dataRicardo Medina14 Sep