List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Lynch Date:August 15 2009 5:13pm
Subject:RE: 2.1.1 -> 2.3.2 ... libmysqlpp.a no longer exists
View as plain text
Though admittedly a clever concept it did not work.

I moved the libmysqlpp.so library to Godaddy, and my binary .cgi "script" indeed found and
linked the library.  It all looked good until ... the routines in the libmysqlpp.so
library use routines in other shared libraires!  I got dyanmic link errors all over the
place.   And even worse, the absolute paths to those other libraries are embedded in the
libmysqlpp.so.   I would have to create a whole mini development environmnt in my web
directory.  STUPID.  MySQL copyrighting things is STUPID.  We should be flooding over to
postgresSQL.  Don't know why more ISPs are not supporting it.

Sooo back to the question.  Someone have a binary for libmsqlpp.a I can have (x86 linux).
I gather that I may not even be breaking the license for using it, as I'm not distributing
code.

Tom