List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 14 2009 4:10am
Subject:Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnect
View as plain text
On Aug 13, 2009, at 6:19 PM, Wojciech Barski wrote:

> When you call the disconnect() method,
> libmysql zeroes the entire mysql_ object leaving the options unset.

This apparently doesn't matter in all cases.

> Therefore, when we call the connect() method again, access violation
> occurs,
> because libmysql tries to read the
> mysql_.options.shared_memory_base_name,
> which is pointing at 0x00000000 instead of the "MYSQL" string.

Ah, thanks for tracking this down.  It appears to be specific to the
"local MySQL server on Windows" case.  My tests on Windows used a
remote server.

Try the attached patch, or svn head.

Thread
Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWojciech Barski8 Aug
  • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect functionafter calling disconnectWarren Young13 Aug
    • RE: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect functionafter calling disconnectDavid Hall14 Aug
Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWojciech Barski14 Aug
  • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWarren Young14 Aug
    • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWojciech Barski14 Aug