List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wojciech Barski Date:August 8 2009 8:03pm
Subject:Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function
after calling disconnect
View as plain text
On May 20, 2009, at 5:04 PM, Warren Young wrote:

>Yes, do.  I tried modifying one of the examples to bounce the connection a
few times in a few different places, and it doesn't affect anything. See the
attached patch.

I seem to be having the same problem. The simple code like this brings the
access violation exception (on a reconnect try). I've traced it to
mysql_real_connect line in the dbdriver::connect method.

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])

{
mysqlpp::Connection con;
con.connect("information_schema","localhost","wbarski_bodyart","temppass");
con.disconnect();
con.connect("information_schema","localhost","wbarski_bodyart","temppass");
// here's where it goes wrong;
return 0;
}

I'd appreciate any help.

Thread
Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWojciech Barski8 Aug
  • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect functionafter calling disconnectWarren Young13 Aug
    • RE: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect functionafter calling disconnectDavid Hall14 Aug
Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWojciech Barski14 Aug
  • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWarren Young14 Aug
    • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWojciech Barski14 Aug