List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 7 2009 6:42pm
Subject:Re: Using mysql++ against MySQL 64-bit version
View as plain text
On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Warren Young wrote:

> I recall that there is a build setting...

Oh, hey, look what I just found in svn:

Building MySQL++ for 64-Bit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The MySQL++ Visual Studio project files ship with the assumption
    that you're building for 32-bit Windows.  While the utility
    of running the MySQL server on a 64-bit system is clear, that
    doesn't mandate running its client programs in 64-bit mode, too.
    As a result, we haven't yet bothered to come up with an easy way
    to change this.  Here's the hard way:

    - Follow the steps above to change the MySQL install location,
      if necessary.

    - Open the solution file, then say Build > Configuration Manager

    - Pull down the "Active solution platform" list box, say New...,
      and add "x64", copying settings from the Win32 build, and
      allowing it to create new project platforms.

    - Pull the same list box down, say Edit..., and remove the Win32
      build, unless you actually need both versions.

    It should then build, except that you may have to re-run the
    build a couple of times, due to errors about the build log being
    unwritable or locked.  Just re-run the build until you get all of
    the projects to build.  If re-running the build doesn't reduce
    the number of failures, you have something else wrong, perhaps
    due to not following the instructions above carefully.  It might
    be simplest to just blow away the MySQL++ tree and try again.
    (I did once, while formulating these instructions...sigh.)

Thread
Using mysql++ against MySQL 64-bit versionEdward Diener7 Jul
  • Re: Using mysql++ against MySQL 64-bit versionWarren Young7 Jul
    • Re: Using mysql++ against MySQL 64-bit versionWarren Young7 Jul
Re: Using mysql++ against MySQL 64-bit versionEdward Diener9 Jul
  • Re: Using mysql++ against MySQL 64-bit versionWarren Young9 Jul