List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joachim Krüger Date:July 7 2009 6:56am
Subject:Re: Examples crashes when doing them in my own projects
View as plain text
Great tip! What I had done wrong was to include both mysqlpp.lib and
mysqlpp_d.lib in both the Release and Debug Linker options. When i removed
the redundant path, it worked fine.
From README-Visual-C++.txt:
*"Since version 3.0, the VC++ build of MySQL++ names these two DLLs
differently: mysqlpp_d.lib for the Debug version, and mysqlpp.lib for the
Release version."*

It would clearify greatly for newbs like myself if you had wrote a simple
line that said *"Add the following under your solutions Linker->Input
property page: "C:\MySQL++\lib\VC++ 2008\Native\mysqlpp_d.lib" for Debug,
and "C:\MySQL++\lib\VC++ 2008\Native\mysqlpp.lib" for Release"*
*
*
Thank you very much again Ian, for putting me on track of the problem.

-J