List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin Regan Date:June 16 2009 3:51pm
Subject:RE: Issue with ReconnectOption
View as plain text
No, the issue is that the current mysql++ code does not allow me (at v5.0.64) to set the
reconnect option after the connection is established.  This is a bug that needs to be
fixed for 5.0.  I added the 5.1 check to be forward looking.  However, it really is
ancillary to main problem -- that the reconnect flag is reset by mysql_real_connect in
5.0 (all versions below 5.1.6) and it needs to be set after the connection is
established.

We can leave out the check for 5.1 if you are fine with folks setting this before and
after the connection is created -- I was just trying to match what looked to be the
current coding philosophy.

In any event, the current mysql++ library needs to be modified to allow setting of the
reconnect option after the connection has been established so that 5.0 code can work
properly (for those that use this option).

Should I submit another patch that removes all checks?

--Kevin