List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 15 2009 4:25pm
Subject:Re: Issue with ReconnectOption
View as plain text
Kevin Regan wrote:
> It seems that the dbd->connected() check should only be performed for
> versions of MySQL greater than 5.1.6.

Isn't that backwards?  As I read your reference manual excerpt, after
the fix in 5.1.6, you can set this option at any time, and it will be
set as expected.  It's only with the older versions, where the option
handling had the bug, where we should check for a connection before
allowing the option to be set.

See the attached patch for my take on this.

> Was this just an oversight, or
> has something changed to make this an issue?

As far as I know, this is the first change expressly made with 5.1 in
mind.  Personally, the newest version I'm using is 5.0.  I'm waiting for
some of this dust to clear before moving to a newer version.  By all
means, continue to submit 5.1 related patches, though, if that's where
your itch is.

Issue with ReconnectOptionKevin Regan14 Jun
  • RE: Issue with ReconnectOptionKevin Regan14 Jun
  • Re: Issue with ReconnectOptionWarren Young16 Jun
    • RE: Issue with ReconnectOptionKevin Regan16 Jun
      • RE: Issue with ReconnectOptionKevin Regan23 Jun
      • Re: Issue with ReconnectOptionWarren Young25 Jun
        • RE: Issue with ReconnectOptionKevin Regan25 Jun
          • Re: Issue with ReconnectOptionWarren Young26 Jun