List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adrian Cornish Date:June 11 2009 12:55pm
Subject:Re: Problems trying to build from Trunk
View as plain text
2009/6/10 Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped>:
> Adrian Cornish wrote:
>>
>> 2009/6/10 Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped>:
>> I had installed libtool 2.2.4
>
> What kind of system is this?  I may try to replicate it in a VM.

It a SuSe10.3 which has been running for a while now so I've upgraded
lots of things and would not be surprised to learn I've broken
something.
automake (GNU automake) 1.10
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC)
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61

>>>    _LT_DECL([build_old_libs], [enable_static], [0],
>>>      [Whether or not to build static libraries])
>
> Well, that means it's either an autotools bug, or something we'll have to
> cope with in future versions of MySQL++.

I had a look on a few Centos systems and the libtool there is 1.5.22
and interesting they define this macro
adrianc@dlx64dev:/usr/share/aclocal$ grep build_old *
libtool.m4:build_old_libs=$enable_static

When searching for this on the net I've seen a few other projects have
produced this error - so maybe libtool isn't backwardly compatible
with mysql++.

Adrian
Thread
Problems trying to build from TrunkAdrian Cornish9 Jun
  • Re: Problems trying to build from TrunkWarren Young10 Jun
    • Re: Problems trying to build from TrunkAdrian Cornish10 Jun
      • SSQLS and Binary data type...dancook)10 Jun
        • Re: SSQLS and Binary data type...Warren Young11 Jun
      • Re: Problems trying to build from TrunkWarren Young11 Jun
        • Re: Problems trying to build from TrunkAdrian Cornish11 Jun
          • Re: Problems trying to build from TrunkWarren Young16 Jun