List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DazedNConfused71 Date:June 1 2009 11:36am
Subject:Mysql++ client no longer connects but mysql does
View as plain text
Hi,

I recently upgraded my mysql version on my gentoo HTPC (uses mythtv) and
I can no longer access the mysql database from my laptop using a client
application I wrote with mysql++.  Previously it had been working for
about a year and now it doesn't.  Interestingly mysql can connect to the
HTPC database from my laptop.  I am getting the following error with my
application:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'mysqlpp::ConnectionFailed'
  what():  Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial
communication packet', system error: 111
Aborted

The version of mysqld:

mysqld --version
mysqld  Ver 5.0.70-log for pc-linux-gnu on x86_64 (Gentoo Linux
mysql-5.0.70-r1)

I tried upgrading to the latest mysql++ (available in portage) and it is
still the same problem.  The version is now 2.3.2.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should start looking?

Cheers,
Brett

Thread
Mysql++ client no longer connects but mysql doesDazedNConfused711 Jun
  • Re: Mysql++ client no longer connects but mysql doesWarren Young1 Jun