List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Hall Date:May 20 2009 5:42am
Subject:problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnect
View as plain text
Howdy,

I'm a newbie to MySQL and MySQL++ - but I observed something I believe
to be bug-like, not sure whether it's because of MySQL or MySQL++. I'm
using the MySQL++ 3.0.9 version, compiled for each of visual studio
2003, 2005 and 2008, and MySQL Server 5.1.

When I connect to my database, everything is OK, I can perform all the
operations I want.

When I close the connection, then connect again at a later date, the
mysql++ code seems to give me a Null-pointer reference exception. The
call stack seems to tell me it's occurring in libmysql.dll (not
mysqlpp.dll), in xstring's max_size function (within the xstring assign
function.) I'm not entirely sure what's causing it.

* Does anyone have any input on this one?
* Has anyone seen it before?
* Is it a known problem?
* Am I barking up the wrong tree? If so, which is the tree to bark up?

I tried it on the 2003 and 2005 versions, and both seemed to fail in the
same fashion.

My work-around (in the meantime) was to make my connection object
declared on the heap with the new operator, then when close the
connection, I delete the old connection object and allocate a new one,
ready for the next time I want to connect.

Cheers,

DaveH

P.S., I can make and send a program to test it if required.
Thread
problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectDave Hall20 May
  • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWarren Young20 May
    • Re: problem when calling mysqlpp connection object connect function after calling disconnectWarren Young20 May