List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Date:May 15 2009 8:45pm
Subject:Re: Question reg. connection character set
View as plain text
Hmmm

Warren Young wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>>
>> short question: I didn't find anything in the manual about configuring
>> the connection character set.
>
> There are indeed no features in MySQL++ to affect this.  It's entirely
> up to the DB server.  You can affect it from the client side through
> queries, but other than that, you have to configure the server itself.
If you have a large MySQL cluster it's not feasible to do this on the
server side. If you're certain that doing it through client side
queries.. well.. good enough I would assume...

>> When doing it through queries,
>> will this affect mysqlpp::quote in any ill way?
>
> The hard work of quoting in MySQL++ is done by the C API, which should
> ask the DB server how to do this correctly for the current character
> set.  The only time it's expected not to is that there is one code path
> where you can make it quote a string without having a connection
> established, in which case we use a different quoting mechanism which
> has no reference to the DB server's configuration.

Is there any way I can control the code path/make sure this doesn't
happen? If not, it might be better to roll my own functionality.

Thread
Question reg. connection character setMichael15 May
  • Re: Question reg. connection character setWarren Young15 May
    • Re: Question reg. connection character setMichael15 May
      • Re: Question reg. connection character setWarren Young16 May