List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 15 2009 7:51pm
Subject:Re: Question reg. connection character set
View as plain text
Michael wrote:

> short question: I didn't find anything in the manual about configuring
> the connection character set.

There are indeed no features in MySQL++ to affect this.  It's entirely
up to the DB server.  You can affect it from the client side through
queries, but other than that, you have to configure the server itself.

> When doing it through queries,
> will this affect mysqlpp::quote in any ill way?

The hard work of quoting in MySQL++ is done by the C API, which should
ask the DB server how to do this correctly for the current character
set.  The only time it's expected not to is that there is one code path
where you can make it quote a string without having a connection
established, in which case we use a different quoting mechanism which
has no reference to the DB server's configuration.
Thread
Question reg. connection character setMichael15 May
  • Re: Question reg. connection character setWarren Young15 May
    • Re: Question reg. connection character setMichael15 May
      • Re: Question reg. connection character setWarren Young16 May