List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Date:May 15 2009 7:39pm
Subject:Question reg. connection character set
View as plain text
Hello,

short question: I didn't find anything in the manual about configuring
the connection character set. I would like to have everything set to
utf8, but to me it appears mysqlpp is always using the database's
default character set (which is still latin-1 for most installations
I've seen). Is the solution just to issue "set character set" etc.
commands in the client code by myself (e.g. as part of the pooling
mechanism), or is there a smarter way?  When doing it through queries,
will this affect mysqlpp::quote in any ill way? (using utf8 it normally
shouldn't, but never say never).

cheers
Michael
Thread
Question reg. connection character setMichael15 May
  • Re: Question reg. connection character setWarren Young15 May
    • Re: Question reg. connection character setMichael15 May
      • Re: Question reg. connection character setWarren Young16 May