List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Morgan Date:May 5 2009 4:10pm
Subject:Re: Why Does SSQLS populate_* Function use Inefficient operator[]?
View as plain text
Hi Warren -

Thanks for the insight.  I was sure there was a reason that MySQL++ does
things this way, and you're right that the data pull takes longer (in this
case the stored procedure that does the fetching [as well as some other
related queries] takes ~3 seconds total [plus about 2 seconds for the
store_next() calls] compared to the ~1.5 seconds that the SSQLS population
takes [for ~40000 rows out of 100's of millions]).

We had received an optimization request from our users (this code is part of
a GUI).  Now that I have a good reason (our management understands the need
to remain flexible w.r.t schema changes) for why this portion of the code
seemed relatively slow, I can look elsewhere for optimization options.

Thanks again,

-Chris