List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 5 2009 1:06pm
Subject:Re: Why Does SSQLS populate_* Function use Inefficient operator[]?
View as plain text
On May 5, 2009, at 12:31 AM, Warren Young wrote:

> SSQLS did behave that way in v2 and earlier, but I changed it in
> v3.0.0 because that ties a program too closely to the DB schema,
> making it brittle in the face of schema changes.

I forgot another common gotcha in MySQL++ v2 with SSQLS that the v3
change fixes: you no longer have to declare your SSQLS in exactly the
same order as the DB columns exist in the table.

The SQL column order is an artifact of the way it was first declared,
plus the subsequent sequence of ALTER operations.  Field order in a C+
+ structure rarely has a need to remain unchanged through time.  Field
order should be in a logically defensible order, not a mere historical
record of the patch strata.
Thread
Why Does SSQLS populate_* Function use Inefficient operator[]?Chris Morgan5 May
  • Re: Why Does SSQLS populate_* Function use Inefficient operator[]?Warren Young5 May
    • Re: Why Does SSQLS populate_* Function use Inefficient operator[]?Warren Young5 May
      • Re: Why Does SSQLS populate_* Function use Inefficient operator[]?Chris Morgan5 May