List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nick Kelsey Date:April 17 2009 12:00am
Subject:Problem escaping binary data
View as plain text
Hi guys,

I have a table that needs to store a small amount of binary data
(varbinary field).

The code needs to update a number of rows so I am building a "insert
into... on duplicate key update" string with multiple rows to be
inserted/updated. The binary data is escaped using conn::escape_string()
and delimited with single quotes.

This works well for most patterns including binary data containing zero
characters.
The problem - if the binary data contains the data "%1" it triggers a
"Not enough parameters to fill the template" exception.

Is there a trick to avoid mysql++ from treating %1 as a parameter
replacement trigger?

Nick

PS - using mysql++ 3.0.8.

Thread
Problem escaping binary dataNick Kelsey17 Apr
  • Re: Problem escaping binary datajafa17 Apr
  • Re: Problem escaping binary dataWarren Young17 Apr
Re: Problem escaping binary dataWarren Young18 Apr
  • Re: Problem escaping binary dataTorsten Schulz19 Apr