List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Smith Date:March 24 2009 4:57pm
Subject:FW: inserts, strings and setprecision
View as plain text
HiI'm new to MySQL++ and I've just realised today (a little belatedly) that the mechanism
that MySQL++ uses to build queries effectively converts all the variables to strings.This
means that if I want to insert floating point numbers, I'm at the mercy of setprecision if
I want to preserve the original number. It's critical for my work that the original data
is not massaged in any way. I think the mysql C API allows prepared statements that
facilitate copying from (e.g.) one floating point container (C or C++) to MySQL (though
my understanding of this is very limited at the moment).

Is there a MySQL++ equivalent that facilitates movement of C++ types into MySQL types
without running it through ostream manipulators?

Thanks in advance,
Ken
All your Twitter and other social updates in one place
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/
Thread
FW: inserts, strings and setprecisionKen Smith24 Mar
  • Re: FW: inserts, strings and setprecisionWarren Young24 Mar
    • RE: inserts, strings and setprecisionKen Smith25 Mar
      • RE: inserts, strings and setprecisionJim Wallace25 Mar
      • Re: inserts, strings and setprecisionWarren Young25 Mar