List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej van der Zee Date:March 23 2009 4:52am
Subject:Re: binary bulk-insert
View as plain text
Hi,

Bit late, but thanks for the information.

> >> Does it serialize to strings? Does it bulk
> insert?
>
> It does both.  It constructs large INSERT queries
> containing many rows, to reduce the per-packet processing
> overhead.  It also simplifies the task of doing the
> insertion: think of it as the opposite of Query::storein(),
> which you may already be using.

In the meanwhile I found another MySQL command called "LOAD DATA INFILE" that should be
VERY fast compared to INSERT statements. This comes from the MySQL pages:

"When loading a table from a text file, use LOAD DATA INFILE. This is usually 20 times
faster than using INSERT statements."

Of course I can program everything by hand, but I was wondering if there are any plans by
MySQL++ to wrap this up into some easy methods. I can imagine that by writing an SSQLS
collection to a temporary file and using it in "LOAD DATA INFILE" could outperform any
(binary) bulk-insert by far!

Cheers,
Andrej

Thread
binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee13 Mar
  • Re: binary bulk-insertWarren Young13 Mar
Re: binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee13 Mar
  • Re: binary bulk-insertWarren Young13 Mar
Re: binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee23 Mar
  • Re: binary bulk-insertWarren Young23 Mar
Re: binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee23 Mar