List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 17 2009 10:17pm
Subject:Re: I can't compile with VS2008.
View as plain text
Kyle Emmerich wrote:
> I went the simple way and added the source
> code to my project,

That's only legal if you will be releasing your program under the GPL or
LGPL licenses, or not releasing it to others at all.  If you use some
other license, you must distribute MySQL++ as a dynamically linked
library so that others have the freedom to replace it with a different
version, if they choose.

That aside, sourcewise inclusion of the library into another program
isn't supported.  It's meant to be linked to, like any other library.
Instructions for this are in README-Visual-C++.txt, included with your
copy of MySQL++.
Thread
I can't compile with VS2008.Kyle Emmerich17 Mar
  • Re: I can't compile with VS2008.Warren Young17 Mar
Re: I can't compile with VS2008.Kyle Emmerich18 Mar
  • Re: I can't compile with VS2008.Warren Young18 Mar
Re: I can't compile with VS2008.Kyle Emmerich19 Mar
  • Re: I can't compile with VS2008.Warren Young19 Mar