List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 13 2009 4:42am
Subject:Re: binary bulk-insert
View as plain text
On Mar 12, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Andrej van der Zee wrote:

> I would like to know if binary bulk-inserts are possible with the C+
> + library too?

Sorry, no.

However, are you sure you actually need that last bit of overhead
reduction?  The new Query::insertfrom() mechanism -- currently in svn,
coming in 3.1.0 -- should be awfully fast.  And if you don't want to
use svn code, you can get similar functionality with either
Query::insert(container) using small-enough containers, or
Query::insert(iter, iter) using subranges of a large container.

If these mechanisms aren't fast enough, I hope you will take the time
to post your benchmark results, to give us a target to aim at.
Thread
binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee13 Mar
  • Re: binary bulk-insertWarren Young13 Mar
Re: binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee13 Mar
  • Re: binary bulk-insertWarren Young13 Mar
Re: binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee23 Mar
  • Re: binary bulk-insertWarren Young23 Mar
Re: binary bulk-insertAndrej van der Zee23 Mar