List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Daysh Date:February 27 2009 10:55am
Subject:RE: building a project with dev-cpp
View as plain text
Noo!

I'm gonna put in put in my 2c worth here, seeing as this is going beyond the scope of the
list a bit. (basic operating system setup)
The c:\mingw\bin should be in the PATH system environmental variable. This means that you
could call the compiler from ANY location on your computer.

From the dos prompt type
Path

And you'll get something like
PATH=C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS

If you don't have c:\mingw\bin then you need to add it. The easiest way is through the
System Properties, Advanced tab. There is an environmental variables button there. PATH
is a system environmental variable.

Ian.