List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 23 2009 2:46am
Subject:Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platform
View as plain text
On Feb 22, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Robert Simmons wrote:

> 64bit applications look for /usr/lib64 normally.

That's just one way it's done, and that's not even universal on
Linux.  Just off the top of my head, I've recalled four different
library path schemes for coping with the 32/64 bit problem, and I'm
doubtless missing others.  There's no "right" answer for MySQL++ to
hard code.  It doesn't help that the build files we maintain are two
abstraction layers above the OS.

The best we could do is guess somehow.  Are you aware of another
autoconf-based package that guesses this correctly, which isn't Linux-
specific?  We have to support OS X and Solaris at least, both of which
cope with the 32/64 bit problem differently.

I realize you have a fix now, Robert, but we should discuss ways to do
something clever to ease others' troubles on this in the future.
Thread
libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformRobert Simmons22 Feb
  • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformRemi Collet22 Feb
  • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformWarren Young23 Feb
    • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformJim Graf23 Feb
      • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformRobert Simmons23 Feb
        • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformJim Graf23 Feb
        • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformJonathan Wakely24 Feb
      • Re: libmysqlpp.so on a 64bit platformWarren Young24 Feb