List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 21 2009 11:15am
Subject:Re: Compilation/Installation error on Ubuntu 8.10
View as plain text
On Feb 21, 2009, at 3:49 AM, Rohil Sinha wrote:

> I have gcc running on my Ubuntu 8.10. I followed the "*./configure*
> " , "*
> make*", "*make install*" procedure as root.

Just a tip -- only the "make install" step has to be run as root, and
that only if you're going to install into a system directory.

On Ubuntu, you don't even have to be root: it sets up sudo for you, so
you can just say "sudo make install" instead for the last step, from
the system owner's account.

> Seemingly, the development/header files for mysql++ got installed in *
> /usr/local/include/mysql++/* folder.

That's the default, yes.

> The */usr/include/mysql++* does not
> even exist.

What lead you to believe it would?

Are you asking how to make it so?  Say "./configure --help", and look
at the --prefix option.

> When I just try to include the mysql++.h header file in my c++
> program, I
> get the "no such directory or file" error message. Clearly, the
> compiler is
> not able to locate the mysql++ installed files.

Read your compiler's documentation, particularly the bit about the -I
flag.

And anticipating your next question: read your linker's documentation,
particularly the bit about the -L flag.
Thread
Compilation/Installation error on Ubuntu 8.10Rohil Sinha21 Feb
  • Re: Compilation/Installation error on Ubuntu 8.10Warren Young21 Feb
    • Re: Compilation/Installation error on Ubuntu 8.10Rohil Sinha22 Feb