List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:January 31 2009 6:05am
Subject:Re: BadQuery hack for offending SQL complete
View as plain text
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:41:58PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> It doesn't matter to me.  You might find it easier to create the patch
> in the first place against svn however ("svn diff > my.patch" instead
> of ugly "diff -ruN blablabla olddir newdir > my.patch") and easier to
> keep it in sync with the latest MySQL++ developments.

Speaking of 4.0 patches...

What are your thoughts on managing miscellaneous patches for upcoming
releases?  I took a quick peek at the SVN tree, but I didn't see any
branches for 4.0, etc.  I know you keep a nice detailed Wishlist, but
if a patch for 4.0 suddenly materializes, where do you keep track of that?

I'm also curious about your reasoning, from a project management standpoint,
because you're one of the most careful people I've seen about breaking
ABI compatibility.  Is the lack of future branches due to it being a pain
to manage, or just the lack of such patches coming in?

Thanks,
- Chris

Thread
BadQuery hack for offending SQL completeJim Wallace31 Jan
  • Re: BadQuery hack for offending SQL completeWarren Young31 Jan
    • Re: BadQuery hack for offending SQL completeChris Frey31 Jan
      • Re: BadQuery hack for offending SQL completeWarren Young31 Jan
        • Re: BadQuery hack for offending SQL completeChris Frey1 Feb