List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 29 2009 9:50pm
Subject:Re: Base type for SSQLS
View as plain text
On Jan 29, 2009, at 10:43 AM, Attila wrote:

> Is it possible to do this?  I would like the benefits of using SSQLS
> structures, but I need to use polymorphism on a base type.

It's part of what we hope to achieve with SSQLS v2, slated for v3.1.
 From the Wishlist:

       - Try to design it so as much code as possible resides in
         a common base class (SsqlsBase) that all SSQLSes derive from.
         Can't do it in v1 because virtually everything is specific
         to the structure's type.  Study equal_list(), for example.
         Do it with an eye toward replacing Query's template methods
         taking SSQLSes with concrete methods taking SsqlsBase&.

Thread
Base type for SSQLSAttila29 Jan
  • Re: Base type for SSQLSWarren Young29 Jan